As the world embraces the new reality of the COVID-19 into 2021, SAE International wants to ensure you as participants of the AeroConnect Challenge™ have the ability pivot to a virtual offering to allow for a strong student engagement in a controlled manner to meet all the necessary precautions of the pandemic and still deliver on strong educational experiences for your teams in 2021. With the SAE AeroTech Conference moving to a virtual offering we will be moving the AeroConnect Challenge™ student event to a virtual offering also and offering FREE registration to those universities who wish to participate. Through the SAE AeroConnect Challenge™ universities will think critically about emerging technology issues relevant to the connected aircraft industry. Teams of university students will design and develop, conceptually, an Urban Air Mobility System in response to a Florida based theme park request for proposal for upgrade to current mobility. SAE International would like to offer university teams the following opportunities:
- Free Registration for teams to participate in AeroConnect Challenge™ 2021
- Free Registration to SAE AeroTech Digital Summit 2021
- Teams will receive a virtual “booth” to showcase their projects.
- Teams will pre-record their presentation for virtual delivery.
- All categories of the program will be assessed, and award money given in each category 1st – 3rd.
- Meet the Industry Virtual Networking.
- Awards Program will be held virtually.
Also, we have decided to extend registration as well. You will have the opportunity to register through December 4, 2020.
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns.